Directly to content

Private landlords must also file tourist tax/accomodation tax return

Are you renting out your property to tourists? For example, when you go on your own holidays. Or do you have a bed and breakfast in your home? Or maybe you rent out your garden shed or rooms in your house?  All of these require you to file a tourist tax/accomodation tax return.

When do you pay tourist tax/accomodation tax to the RBG?

You pay tourist/accomodation tax when you receive money for an overnight stay and your guest comes from outside the municipal area.

Where can you find more information about the tourist tax/accomodation tax?

The tourist tax/accomodation tax is a business tax. This is why it is on the business section of our website. You can find all the information in the section Tourist/accommodation tax – Regionale Belasting Groep Business (

How do you file a tourist tax return?

The RBG sends out quarterly invitations by mail. This messages clearly explains how to file your tourist tax return online. Did you not receive an invitation? Then please contact us. 088 291 10 00.

What rules apply in Delft, Schiedam and Vlaardingen?

The RBG manages the municipal taxes for Delft, Schiedam and Vlaardingen. Different rules apply in each municipal area. In Delft, for example, you must report every overnight stay to the municipality in advance.

Below please find the links to the pages on this subject for the municipalities of Delft, Schiedam and Vlaardingen.

Woning verhuren aan toeristen | Gemeente Delft

Logiesbelasting | Schiedam

Toeristenbelasting – Gemeente Vlaardingen