Cohabitating (living together)

If you are going to be living with someone else, this may have consequences for your tax assessment(s).

What will change when I live with others (after first having lived alone)?

If are going to live with someone else within the municipality or within the water board region and both of you have received an assessment, you will be able to get a reduction in your assessment. You can do so by submitting an objection online in My RBG to having to pay both assessments. You will have to enter your DigiD (digital ID) information to log in; if you do not yet have a DigiD, you can easily apply for one at The other assessment will remain in effect for the rest of the year. In the new year you will then receive a combined assessment for your multiple-person household).